So I have a job now. And a plan, sort of. I am now a proud member of the Hallmark family. Yes, I have gone back to the retail arena. I have worked there for a week now and it sure does feel good to be working again. Even as a cashier making no money. But my plan is to enroll in massage therapy classes and after I get certified (12 to 16 months) I will find a job and then finish my business degree as I'm working as a massuse (I don't know how to spell).
Let me tell you though, working at a Hallmark store is the best retail job. Think about it, no clothes or worse yet towels to fold, there's not a huge inventory or items and best of all there are no toss pillows (shout out to the L.B.). And so far they keep me busy and the customers seem to be pretty easy going. You may ask what's the best part of working for Hallmark? A discount on Yankee candles!! So, just a heads up, you will probably be receiving a candle or Hallmark item for Christmas this year. Muwahahaha!
I've been in St. Louis for 2 years!
Sunday, October 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You know, having a toss pillow section does have it's perks...you could take them all down off of the shelves and then hide in them so you don't have to help any customers. Unfortunately you can't do that with cards. I do look forward to getting a Yankee Candle. They're grrrrrrreat!
Sweet! Way to go!! Hey since you work at hallmark.. could you please explain the hallmark scanning card.. the one that goes on your keyring.. i have one and use it... but i dont know what it is for.. the lady said "here fill this out" .. so i did.. and she gave me a hallmark card... anyway.. just wondering if i can get some info on that....... Gee it sure SMELLS GOOD here on MACINTOSH lane! hint hint hehe
Jenn-the gold crown card that you are referring to is a reward program that for every dollar (or something like that) you get coupons in the mail... good ones like$3, $5, $6, even $10 off and all you have to spend is at least the amount of the coupon. They also send birthday coupons and stuff.
oooohhhhhh! sweet! yeah i like coupons.. i am a coupon clipper ..
i also wrote to iams and got some sweet coupons for cat food! its expensive!!
Post a Comment