Oh Come On!
So, I first want to start off by saying that this week has progressively seemed to have gotten worse. I found out that the great fantastic interview I had last week (the one where the guy said I was 1 of the 2 people he would consider out of 10) decided to hire someone internally. Sure, it probably will save the company money but what the hell? Come on! This is why I hate getting my hopes up. Then, I play two games of poker with Adam when I am in a sour mood and lose both. Now I owe him a massage and a... well... happy ending.
Now today I decided to run out and do some errands and then stop at a few shops and see if they were hiring. The first sign I had that today would be, well, difficult is that my hair kept doing this annoying thing of sucking. Anyways, I finally get in the car and drive to Planned Parenthood to get my next supply of pills (which fucking suck but thats a whole other complaint). I get there and the sign says open but here I am pulling on the fucking doors like an idiot. I try to peek inside but I don't see anyone. I swear the hours on the website said they were open. Crap, so now I have to start a new pack tomorrow so let's hope they have Saturday hours. I get back in the car and decide to fill out the deposit slip for Adam's expense check before I get to the bank. Shit! I signed my name. Now I'm worrying that they won't accept it and then we will have to get a new check issued and have to wait for our money. I figure I'll just have to go to the bank and see what happens. My names on the account too, it shouldn't be a problem. I exit the highway and are heading down the short stretch to the bank when a big fucking pickup truck zooms out into the middle section and instead of stopping and waiting for the other side of traffic to clear they decide to speed up and merge... INTO ME! Luckily I knew that there wasn't anyone next to me so I swerve then well HELLO the bank is coming up so I cut the bitch off and so she swerves around me and gives me the pissy fuck you look. So I flick the heavily make-uped bitch off and get in the turn lane to go to the bank.
Well, luckily the bank just saw a signature and deposited the check. Phew. Things are looking up. So now I start heading for these little shops I keep seeing advertised in a local newspaper thing to see if I can snag a job. And I have to get a carton of smokes. Well, what do you know! The fucking road is closed. But AHA! I know another way around even though I haven't gone to this shopping strip before. I see the strip before me and turn at a light. Oh, but you can't get in this way. Mmm hmm. So I do a u-y and get into the plaza. Well, I don't exactly remember the name of the stores but these are stupid places. Like a Sell Your Stuff on EBay thing and a bird store (no thank you) so I exit this strip and go to another one across the way. Oh, but wait there's really nothing in here either. So I keep going down this road and realize I CAN'T GO ANY FURTHER CAUSE OF CONSTRUCTION! Ok, another u-y. Then I end up in some stupid subdivision and all I want to do is go home and cry. I finally found a gas station got my smokes and about zoomed home. But you know what? I forgot to go to Hallmark to get a Mother's Day card. Now I feel even worse about not coming home this weekend cause I know I won't go get a card tonight and even if I do she probably won't get it till Tuesday. Oh well. Sorry mom. I am a bad daughter. I hate guilt.
I've been in St. Louis for 2 years!
Friday, May 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think Jo-Jo will understand why she didn't get a card. Just call her, she'll like that better than a card anyways. As for your week, I'm sorry it sucked so bad. All I can is is I hope next week is better and if it's not, I'll put away some money in case I need to bail you out of a bad situation.
Wow, would you look at that! I can get my degree in only 2 weeks! Well I better hurry up and call now I guess!
Post a Comment