I've been in St. Louis for 2 years!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sucking in the Pride
I don't want this to be a whiny post so I am trying my hardest to think positive. I have given up hope (yea positive). Well, actually I am not one who "gets their hope up" because well, I'm a little synical. Just a tad. I am no longer going to hold out for a "real" job and suck it up and go back to retail. Fuckers. Sorry, had to get that out. So, I'm thinking of starting my new, refined job search with maybe another Hallmark store. Or perhaps a book store but I would prefer a book store that isn't open till 11 at night (Borders, B&N). But thinking about it, I do really well at retail. I know, suprise suprise. Its just really hard to admit that you have to take a step (or what feels like 12) back and do what you did in high school. I still do not regret not finishing my college degree. I will someday because even though its the biggest fucking scam I have to (grudgingly) do it. I would just rather work. But I can't sit on my fat ass any longer. Even though there is somehow always cleaning to do or laundry or some other stupid project I can think of I have realized that I have now seen every Grace Under Fire and Roseanne episode... more than once. Thank god I have found some new shows to occupy my increasing down time but alas, the tv does not fufill my days. Nor do reading books. Especially since I read them too fast and feel like I am throwing money away (& I can't get a library card until I change over my drivers license-stupid Missouri making it a pain to do). So, maybe the next time you talk to me I will have some exciting new career in shelving books or cards. I just can't wait. Woo.

5 comments:

Vicki Kunz said...

You can always pretend like you are working at a store for "research" for our sitcom. I bet you Jersey would have a retail job. Yeah, oh man! This is so perfect! We need to work on writing that show. We'll look back on all the crazy job we've had and just laugh. (We're crying now, but we'll laugh then.)

KristenMay said...

Well, Jersey may also work at a restaurant. She may be applying at a local place that is only open till like 3. Woo hoo! Maybe Jersey should try the new and used book store place she just spotted too. Oh you are right this can be fun.

Vicki Kunz said...

Jersey would just be a job hopper. A new job just about every week. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

yeah you guys should get a pilot going.. tell me more about this sitcom! it could be a better than seinfeld .. i miss shows about nothing.. i miss randomness.. on an unrelated topic i spent 30 minutes making a huge breakfast for a two yr old and she took one bite and said "jenny i full" ... theres a character for ya! you know i could be a character who pops in every so often .. to tell strange and random stories.. like a female kramer! haha haha femail man has a package for me! later!

Anonymous said...

oh and i totally agree with wasting money on books that you read in like 3 days.. theres a limit to the amout of times you can go back and say" i bought the wrong book, may i exchange this one?" hahaha ( usually after 4 times someone cathes on..and the recipt is a foot long...) yeah barnes and noble baby!! oh and did you hear the sopranos last week? "why dont you go to the culinary institute in poughkeepsie!!" yeah.. thats where im from ! hahah that was cool!