
Traitor
For those of you who do not know the toenail story, a few weeks ago I stubbed my pinky toe on a shopping cart in Walmart and then repeatedly about every week after that. Toenails, especially lil pinky, do not appreciate constant ramming and in return retaliate with blood and black and blue marks of the worst kind. No toenail should look the way mine did.
And then one day I was minding my own business and shit! I hit the damn thing again. I apologized but Pinky just wasn't having any of that. So, he began packing and making travel arrangements. I tried reasoning with him. I told him that its a harsh world for lil pinkies off on their own and we could work it out. Well, the next morning I see he's pushing farther away; kind of crooked there on left foot island. So, I begged. Please, please don't leave me. I need you. Who will protect the precious skin underneath you? Who damnit, who?
That didn't work so I did the only other thing I could think of. I held Pinky hostage. I wrapped the stongest bandaid I could find around him and almost suffocated him. Oh, but Pinky is smart. He figured out how to slip the bandaid off. I kept putting them on but he just kept escaping. Finally after my final bandaid was slipping off I freed the lil fellow and looked at him. The lil sucker was trying to climb down by hanging onto to a small piece of skin. I knew at that moment that I had to let him go. It was time. So I told him that we have been through a lot and I will always keep the memories with me. Then he left and I replaced that bandaid again and await my new protector of pinky toe skin.
Goodbye dear friend, goodbye.
4 comments:
This is the saddest tale I've ever heard. *sniff sniff* Will Mr. Pinky ever come back to left foot island? Is there a happy ending? I really want to know!
Poor Pinky!!! I got a little choked up there!!
This is what leaving a decent job, the state you lived in for most of your life and having no new job and only a cat and a dog to talk to all day will do to you.
Larry said you need help and that it's easier to amputate the toe.
Post a Comment