I've been in St. Louis for 2 years!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Skinny Men Wear Pink Shirts
Apparently, skinny men wear pink shirts. At least that's Adam's opinion. Last night he came home with some new work shirts, one of them being pink. Of course I laughed; hard. And then I laughed some more. It's not like I haven't seen men wearing that color before; especially a button down shirt. I do, however, remember Adam making a comment about pink shirts and metrosexual men not too long ago. Anyways, tonight at dinner I commented on a different new shirt he bought and we ended up talking about the pink shirt. Suddenly a serious look crossed Adam's face and apparently I was heading into some weird territory. I reminded him that he recently made some jokes about pink shirts and I just never thought he would wear one. Then he tells me that he's gotten fat and skinny men wear pink shirts. I suppressed my snicker since he was not joking and I realized that men have wardrobe issues like women. I never thought about them thinking about stripes making you appear slimmer and lighter colors versus darker ones. I just thought that they picked out something close to their size and left. I also started thinking about the other men in my life. Like my brothers or guy friends. Just like women, even the ones like me who hate to shop, men are plagued with self conscienceness and are worried about the clothes they buy and how they look on them.
But somehow men still feel the need to make comments about women always asking how they look and taking a long time to get dressed. Go figure.

3 comments:

Vicki Kunz said...

I totally know what you mean. Pink shirts were in in the 80s and are making a comeback. Now there are so many people that own them. I'm honestly surpirsed that Adam bought one. He just doesn't seem like the pink type. Although, this is coming from a person that wore a shirt that makes her look like a cowgirl. He he he

Anonymous said...

Tell Adam that real men wear pink, and he should wear it with pride.

Hey I have a pink shirt too. Does that mean anything to anyone?? It may be worth a blog shout out.

Anonymous said...

I am not really self conscience. but i dont think i would wear pink unless it was a shirt that said real men wear pink kind of like the one real men wear eye liner i really miss you kris i hope to see you when you come in ooooooooooooo mike