I've been in St. Louis for 2 years!

Monday, September 10, 2007

Jerks

After coming up with great blogging ideas and then immediately forgetting them time and time again, I haven returned to the blog scene with...
JERKS!
Saturday night Adam took Doc out for a potty break and when he returned he showed me an envelope that was left leaning up against our door. Before I tell you what it said let me just say that this envelope was used and had some type of stain, like pizza sauce. Ok, here is what it read (spelling & grammatical errors are theirs): "Shut your dog up! If you can not we will have him removed. Your dog is dissrupting all of us!" Now for those of you who aren't familiar with my building, there is a large golden retriever, Oscar, in the apartment below us. He barks constantly. Probably because his owners rarely ever take him out or when they do they let him wander around without a leash and then yell for him for about an hour until he returns. Yes, my dog barks on occasion. Like when his girlfriend comes sashaying by. But mostly its more of a whining that doesn't last long. However, I was home ALL DAY on Saturday (I had a cold so I was on the couch... no napping though) and I know for a fact that Doc did not bark once. Drama, on the other hand, bitched for a while here and there but I doubt my wonderful neighbors were referring to her. Besides the fact that it was NOT my dog barking that day, or any other day that these worrying neighbors think, I was home. They couldn't have knocked and talked to me about it like a real neighbor? When I lived with a friend one of our neighbors were 2 indian women who never held the door for you or returned a hello. When they began playing loud music with annoying bass late on weeknights I didn't write a quick note on a snotty kleenex and sneak over to leave it on their doorstep. We went over there and asked them kindly to keep it down since we were trying to sleep. Oh and you know what? It worked. Granted they still didn't hold the door open or say hello but they were kind enough to keep the music low. I'm not the most neighborly person, I don't bring a casserole over whenever people move in the building but I will give the person the courtesy of complaining to their face. I know some people would shut the door in your face or spit on you but come on, most people understand and are at least willing to make a compromise. Oh yeah and if they knocked on my door they would've been able to figure out that it wasn't my fucking dog barking all of the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do we need to call vinnie again to "take care" of them? Those people are jerks! I wonder who it was.. I should come out and investigate this pizza stained envelope case. They obviously have some sort of fear of dogs and people (and going to the store to buy napkins) if they couldn't knock on your door! Is there a community bulliten board there? you could post it up and write.. "sorry, wasn't my dog.. try again" ...jerks... tell puppy i said hi! :)

Vicki Kunz said...

Oooohh! Those people make me angry! I will stake out your apartment building to figure out who left it. Then I'll leave a note on thier door telling them that they've made an ass out of themselves...oh, and I'll break their legs. That should shut them up!