Motivation is a funny thing for me. Like a paycheck it never seems to hang around too long. When it hits me I'm all excited and I start something then blam! Its gone. If only there was a way to steal someone else's motivation. Imagine you see some joe blow at the office really going to town on a project. Wouldn't it be great to sneak up and pull the motivation rug out from under him? Then you could stick it in a bottle and save it for later. Like when you get home from work and really should clean the house but oh today just wore you out. You pull out the stored motivation and cha-ching the house gets cleaned in no time. Plus with a little extra you stole from that kid mowing lawns to save money for college you also retiled the neighbors kitchen floor.
Thats my dream. Call me lazy but how the hell else to do you get motivation?
I've been in St. Louis for 2 years!
Monday, March 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
She just always has an answer to everything doesn't she.
Hell, even if you couldn't bottle their motivation up for your own use, it might be worthwhile simply so you can point at the other person and say, "See, I'm not the only lazy one." That kind of stuff ALWAYS makes me feel better.
im always motivated to do stuff.. laundry and dishes and such.. but ..i find myself sidetracked a lot.. usually by the computer.. motivated procrastinator? i WANT to do stuff.. i just do OTHER stuff instead.
I have absolutely no advice for you. I think I'm the least motivated person in the world. Well, with the exception of those people who gain so much weight that they can't leave the house. Although, they do have the motivation to polish off entire chickens and stuff. Damnit! I am the least motivated person in the world. Kris, if you can figure out a way to bottle that shit up, put me down for a case!
soo i have been pondering this for a few minutes.. if you could somehow make a pill of motivation and add in a little of that ritalin stuff to stay on the same task... you know what youd have? vicodin. when i got my impacted wisdom teeth pulled they gave me vicodin and i scrubbed the shower ..every inch of the shower with a toothbrush for at least and hour and a half.. it might have even been 3 hours..i remeber mike leaving to go to a meeting and doing the same task until he came back... thats why moms get addictedt to that shit.. it keeps you going.. you can do what you need to do.. so I think its a good thing ..this lack of motivation.. otherwise id assume you were having a vicodin fit or something.. see lack of motivation: it says your normal.
Post a Comment