2 hours it took me to get to work today! 2. I don't want to complain about that or the weather. But alas I must share my winter woes. This morning after cleaning off my car I realize my driver's side door is frozen shut. Luckily the passenger side is open so I crawl over and push on the the iced up door (while some neighbor is watching me). Thankfully it didn't take too many shoves to get it open. And I am also excited that I didn't pull the seal off the door.
Then I'm slowly making my way around the lake and into the gas station parking lot... my dog ate an almost full pack of smokes last night so I had to stop. I do the penguin waddle in and out of the gas station and hop on the expressway. Hello! Traffic is basically stopped. It is never backed up this far back. Apparently even though it was plowed and only a little wet people still felt the need to be idiots. Ok smoking time. I light up and hmm none of the windows will go down. I never learn to check the windows first. So, I ash in a cup and keep rocking the windows. Finally I opened the door to throw the but out. It was real easy to do going 2 mph.
It took me about 30 minutes to go 4 miles (I'm approximating-it may have been longer). I finally decided to exit for a cup of coffee and potty break.
So when I finally get to work at 10 to 10 I see a lot of people wearing red and think thats kind of funny. They're all wearing read on the same day. Idiots. I go in to a 10:00 meeting and someone asks if we have any plans for Valentine's Day. Oh. Oops. How quickly I forget things. Its a good thing I'm not a man and don't really have to worry about these dates. I have the important one down.. birthdays. So, I was going somewhere with this but I really don't remember anymore. I got interrupted.
I've been in St. Louis for 2 years!
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I didn't even think to wear red today. That's pretty funny. I remember that when I was in school I was all excited on days like Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's Day because we could wear red or green and not have to show up in our uniforms. It's crazy how we used to look forward to dumb things like that. Wow, I'm bitter.
Post a Comment