Who's That Knocking On My Door?
So, it's early Saturday afternoon and Adam has gone off to work and I am just getting online when someone is knocking at my door. I didn't really think about looking in the peep hole since I figured it would be one of the maintenance guys needing to do or check something and then I open the door to an older man in a suit and tie smelling of old spice and talcum powder. So, he tells me his name and that he is from some baptist church in the next town over and I'm thinking uh, ok. And I keep turning over the small leaflet (that's a funny word) in my hand pretending to glance at it it as he goes along in his schpeil and then his wife joins him outside my door (I guess she struck out) and they comment on my cat and that I look about the age of one of their children who just about 21 and I thank him and say yea just a tad bit older and they tell me she's married and just having her first child and I really want to tell them that I am waiting for my partner in sin with whom I had mind-blowing sex last night (and is a woman) to return so that we can sin sin sin. But this man was just too nice and he wasn't really pushy so I just couldn't mess with him. Where are all the bible thumpers or Jehovah's Witnesses when you feel like having a little fun?
I've been in St. Louis for 2 years!
Saturday, September 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish you would have played that trick on them...the bad thing is, they knew where you lived and might have taken it upon themselves to EXCERCISE THE DEMONS! Ok, maybe not, but it was so cool saying EXCERCISE THE DEMONS! (in a southern drawl of course)
you know the same happend to me last saturday.. but all he did was hand me a piece of paper and ran next door! what the heck? this must be the next generation of bible beaters.. er whatever the phrasing is.. :P
Post a Comment