I've been in St. Louis for 2 years!

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Job Devil

The job devil has been lurking around since I moved to St. Louis. She laughs at me every time I search monster or careerbuilder for new job postings. She throws ridiculous jobs my way and then tells me I'm getting so desperate that I should apply for one. Like the one I found today for a local Jewish hospital; an exercise instructor. Unfortunately, there wasn't a job description or might have just applied. Although they probably weren't looking for an overweight smoker. I imagine leading a group of older jewish men and women in wheelchairs to some Glen Miller tune like some circa 1960's home video of visiting day at the nursing home.
I think my favorite was the phoneactress listing on monster I found a few weeks ago. The job requirements were of course a land line, an open mind, a sultry voice and an imagination. Well the job devil instantly possessed my body and I started thinking that I could get a land line easily enough and I have an open mind and good imagination. And how hard could it be to work on the sultry voice? I can do a lot of accents. It seemed like easy money. A little what are you wearing? And a few oohs and ahhs. I'm a girl, I can fake it. But then Adam exorcised the job devil and put an end to that thought.
So, day after day I wrestle with the job devil and one of these days I hope I win otherwise you might see a blog posting of my new job at Betty's Bra shop as a bra fitter or a poop scooper for Yucko's Poop Scoopin Service.

9 comments:

Vicki Kunz said...

That Job Devil is one evil...well..devil! I know there is a terrific job for you! Keep me posted if you take that phone actress job.

Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog. Keep it up. I'm sure you'd be interested in How to buy & sell everything, like kenny chesney ticket on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

KristenMay said...

Eww, I had to get a country music spammer on mine!

Vicki Kunz said...

Do you like American music? I like American music. Don't you like American music? Baby.... Country music sucks. I think I would rather listen to a junior high school band. At least I could make fun of the kids! Ok, that was mean! EH!!!

Anonymous said...

hi my name is sophie, i recently fell upon your blog posts.. they are quite interesting and amuzing. Yes, the job devil is a bad one.. I myself have no job.. the devil is keeping me down! Although i am only 18 months old... i had a job as secretary for my babysitter.. but all i would say was "elllo"? It didn't workout as i hoped. Keep up the good blogging!
Yes i am bored! its really jenn.. keep the blog alive my friend!!!! tell us of your dog!!

Anonymous said...

ok i got a name now hehehe yay blogs!

Anonymous said...

ok you guys i have a bloggy thingy now and i wrote in it.. and left comments on your guys thingys too! hahah you all are crazy! hahaha you guys watch the family guy? eeeeeehhh ...lois.
hehe ok come visit me ..sorry i am advertising on your blog kris but you got me into this ! haha

Anonymous said...

yeah its me jenn.. i think i changed my name somehow.. oh well ..im still a newbie!

Anonymous said...

yeah its me jenn.. i think i changed my name somehow.. oh well ..im still a newbie!